Friday, May 7, 2010

Tim Walker

Hello hello.. anybody there?
Well I know I haven't posted on this blog for 2 years but I'm going to start again and so I've made a few changes to the layout, etc.
I have also restarted my music blog which you can check out here.

I was thinking about Tim Walker and his beautiful photography when I thought hey I should put this on a blog or something. So here I am.

His most famous picture is of baby-faced model/actress Lily Cole posing on a staircase in India.

Personal fave. Reminds of the short story 'Her First Ball' by Katherine Mansfield.

This one reminds me of the scene in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone when they all have to sleep in the Great Hall because they think Sirius Black came to murder Harry. I'd love to set up a tent and camp out in a library.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I got his giant book 'Pictures' for my birthday and it's so, so inspiring - worth getting out the library for a look? Tim's included all of his sketches and pre-shoot work so it gives you a real insight into the way his mind works. Plus, the imagery is just spectacular.

CellarDoor said...

I'm definitely going to buy that. I first saw his pics in Vogue, a shoot in Papua new guinea I think, and it's my most treasured vogue shoot ever, the pictures are so stunning.